For access to all of Amy’s works, you can visit her Amazon page.
Sal Chancellor is just an ordinary man who is stuck in dead-end job and is unable to keep a girlfriend–that is until he finds a discarded watch that lets him travel backwards in his time line. Armed with his new gadget, he goes about changing his life for the better. But little does he know that he’s being experimented on by people four-hundred years in the future. Tragedy has struck all that have played with time; it’s possible that Sal Chancellor might help them better understand how the time-travelling technology affects everyone in the past, present, and future.
- Imagine having the power to travel back in time to right a wrong or avoid a costly mistake. Set 400 years into the future, Amy Engle’s Undoing Life is something of a Truman Show meets Groundhog Day meets the Butterfly Effect. The main character, Sal, comes into possession of a time machine which he uses in an attempt improve his unsatisfying life while unknowingly being observed by people from the future. Despite Sal being a somewhat unlikable man, who makes disappointing and often disturbing choices, I still found myself wanting things to work out for him. Undoing Life is a page turner that kept me in suspense until the very end. I look forward to reading more books from the author.
- Love me some time travel. Complicated characters and situations pull the reader to into Engle’s science fiction world. Looking forward to reading more of her work.
- I don’t want to spoil too much, so I’ll just say this is kind of like a SciFi Truman Show with a twist. The characters are all interesting and developed, and Sal has a believable and gripping journey and transformation. The concept is intriguing and thought provoking, which I love, and I really enjoyed the different twists and turns this story took during the main arc as well as with the secondary characters.
- A little slow at first but picked up. Loved the ending! What a surprise! For a first book, I say well written and a must read
For more information, visit the Undoing Life Database.
Iris: Book 1 of the Rygom Narratives
Alteration research has been declared illegal in the Megacity Rygom. Too many gave their lives in pursuit of making humans more powerful. Those few fortunate Alterations that survived have gone into hiding, fearful of what might happen if the Agency finds them.
Despite her father’s warnings, Iris Kayn has enrolled in the prestigious Agency Training Program, pursuing her dream of becoming an Enforcer. Dr. Norman Kayn’s concern for his daughter increases as Agent Tobias Vega and his sons take an alarming interest in Iris. Unsure of how much they know, Norman hopes that the Vegas aren’t seeking the truth about his beloved wife’s death.
Meanwhile in the Lower Region, Azure Clan Leaders, twins Rikani and Tays Rye, attempt to recover from a tragedy that nearly wiped out their entire family. Rikani works tirelessly to build a safe, prosperous community for her tenants and remaining relatives. All the while, Tays must deal with the ghosts from his past; his former mentor and ex-lover both seek to ruin his plans of reuniting Upper Society and the Lower Region, each for their own nefarious reasons.
Plans are hatched. People are manipulated. Pending doom awaits those in Rygom who fail to see the strings being pulled.
- Oh my goodness! This was such a great book! I started reading it and had no idea what to expect. There are so many parts to the story I was captivated from the beginning and only want to read more! I will definitely be reading the next book in the series when it comes out!
- Amazing book. I can’t wait to read more.
For more information, visit the The Rygom Narratives Database.
Reps and Royals (Now available for pre-order! Release date is July 10, 2016!)
Princess Juzeera’s twenty-first Birth Week celebration was meant to be the highlight event of the year. However, that all changes when two space visitors arrive on her planet to spoil her fun. Tired of their accusations that her home is a dangerous place where people disappear, The Princess finds ways of turning situations to her advantage.
Newly-appointed as a Representative for the Space Colonization Guild, Tybrik strives to make his mark on the world. Ironically, his first task as mission leader is on an aptly named planet called The World. He is determined to prove that he has what it takes to be in charge and live up to the Director’s expectations. Tybrik finds this difficult to do when he suddenly finds himself blackmailing Princess Juzeera to keep his identity a secret.
After barely arriving at The World in one piece, Haelon puts her guard up. It doesn’t help that her half-brother, Tybrik, has gotten himself mixed up in a pretend relationship with Juzeera. While her incompetent sibling and the powder puff waste time convincing the Worldians that they are a couple, it is up to Haelon to take control of the mission and discover what happened to the SCG Reps that have disappeared on the planet. All the while, an missing item from a past assignment has been sent to her as a “gift.” Haelon must determine if she can trust her stalker or handle her situation on her own.
- What a fantastic read! I couldn’t put it down. The World is an adventure and endlessly entertaining with its quirky customs, the characters are well developed with distinct voices and perspectives. Suspense and mystery balanced with humor and excitement. I look forward to reading more from this author and will keep my fingers crossed that we’ll see some of these characters again!
For more information, visit the Reps and Royals Database.
Coming Spring 2017:
“Mended by Ashes”
Coming December 2017:
“Alteration: Book 2 of the Rygom Narratives”